What is HypnoBirthing™?
HypnoBirthing™ is a complete birth education programme that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth experience. HypnoBirthing™ allows a mother to experience a calm and relaxed birth, free of the fear and tension that can prevent her body functioning as well as it can.
Who is HypnoBirthing™ suitable for?
HypnoBirthing™ is suitable for first time mums and those who have experienced birth before. HypnoBirthing™ helps women who are scared of birth because they’ve never done it before, who are anxious because of a bad experience last time, or who just want a calmer, easier, more natural birth experience. There isn’t a ‘typical’ HypnoBirthing mum (or dad).
How does HypnoBirthing™ differ from a typical ante-natal class?
Here are some of the things you’ll learn that are not covered in most antenatal classes.
- Breathing techniques that actually help the birth – and it’s not the panting that most people think they have to do. Think about it. Why would anyone want to hyperventilate whilst giving birth?
- How to massively reduce the need for any medication at all.
- How to reduce your risk of needing an episiotomy during birth with a stunningly simple massage technique.
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff – when to question, what to ask…and when it’s time to let them take charge.
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth…regardless of where they come from.
- How to bring about your own easy start of labour with these simple, natural techniques, if you go beyond your “estimated due date”.
- Most importantly, you’ll know how to relax and stay calm and in control, regardless of what’s happening around you
HypnoBirthing™ is designed as a structured but informal class format that teaches about the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of birth. You’ll learn why your body does what it does, as well as how.
Does HypnoBirthing™ guarantee a pain-free birth?
The aim of HypnoBirthing™ is not a completely pain-free and picture-perfect ‘natural’ birth, although that is entirely possible. The aim is to have a calmer, easier, more comfortable birth- where you are in control.
Most of the mothers that I have worked with have birthed with no intervention or pain-relief. This is not because they have been brave but because they have not felt pain. All the mothers that I have worked with have reported enjoyable and often relatively brief births.
How does HypnoBirthing™ benefit my baby?
Babies born using HypnoBirthing™ tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less trauma, because they are gently and calmly breathed into the world at their own pace.
Scientific research has also shown that the babies usually have higher Agpar scores as well (a measure of how well your baby is doing immediately after the birth, and then five minutes later).
For further information about HypnoBirthing™, take a look at my FAQ page.
Look here for course dates and fees.
You can contact me by:
- emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- phoning 0208 405 3499
I work with expectant parents across the UK including the following areas in South London, Surrey and Kent: Sanderstead, Selsdon, Riddlesdown, South Croydon, Hamsey Green, Purley, Croydon, Kenley, Whyteleafe, Warlingham, Coulsdon, Woldingham, Caterham, Woodmansterne, Wallington, Sutton, New Addington, Beddington, West Wickham, Tadworth, Sutton, Carshalton, Shirley, Merton, Mitcham, Banstead, Bromley, Beckenham, Upper Norwood, South Norwood, Locksbottom, Elmers End, Crystal Palace, Thornton Heath, Clapham, Battersea, Orpington, Streatham, Balham, Tooting, Redhill, Reigate, Oxted, Brockley, Honor Oak, Forest Hill, Sydenham, Penge, Anerley, Selhurst and Godstone.